The UKK Health-Related Fitness Test
The term 'health-related fitness' refers to a person's overall physical capacity.
The UKK Health-related Fitness Tests enable individually tailored fitness programmes to be drawn up on the basis of individual results.
A Safe Fitness Test for Adults
The UKK Health-Related Fitness test is scientifically developed test battery for middle-aged adults.
It is a valid and reliable method to assess and monitor fitness and a safe and motivating method to promote health-enhancing physical activity and fitness.
The battery includes field-based tests for
- musculoskeletal fitness
- motor fitness
- measures of body composition.
It is a professional tool for physical activity counseling in both primary health care and recreational settings.
Health-related fitness includes the components of physical fitness which are important for health and well-being and can be improved by regular physical activity.
Measures of the UKK Health-Related Fitness Test Battery
- aerobic fitness is measured by the well known UKK Walk Test
- motor fitness tests assess balance skills
- musculoskeletal tests assess muscular fitness and flexibility of whole body
- body composition is estimated by simple measures of body dimensions.
The aims in measuring Health-Related Fitness are
- to give feedback of adequacy of fitness and physical activity with respect to health
- to motivate for regular physical activity
- to monitor changes in fitness.
- learns about the many aspects of health-related fitness
- receives a safe personal physical activity programme.
tutkimus- ja kehittämispäällikkö
Tel 03 2829 265
2. Tel 050 3730 253