- Monitoring Physical Activity and Fitness
- Health-related fitness tests for public health monitoring
- Development and evaluation of a 2-km Walking Test
- Health-related fitness test battery
- Health-related fitness tests for older adults
- Required motor abilities in commonly practised exercise modes
- Physical activity and motor abilities
- Health 2000 and Health 2011
- Exercise Loading and Bone Structure
- KidsOut! — promoting physical activity and reducing sedentary behavior among 8th graders
- Physical Activity as a Medicine
- Counselling, lifestyle and physical activity in maternity care -study (NELLI)
- Effect of physical activity on menopausal symptoms
- Breast Cancer and Exercise
- KÄPY Research – Social Ecological Intervention to Promote Active Commuting to Work
- Prevention of Chronic Low Back Pain in Female Nurses
- Weight Reduction and Long-distance Truck and Bus Drivers
- Physical Activity and Reducing of Headaches
- Developing physical activity counselling
- VESOTE Effective Life-style Counselling for Social and Health Care
- Safety of Physical Activity
- Predictors of Lower Extremity Injuries in Team Sports PROFITS
- Risk Factors of Injuries and Injury Prevention in Youth Football
- Floorball Injuries – Epidemiology and Prevention
- Neuromuscular Exercise and Counseling Prevent Low Back Pain
- Effects of Exercise on Physical Functioning, Bone Strength and Fall Risk among Older Women
- Vitamin D and Exercise in Fall Prevention
- Effect of Vibration Training on Physical Functioning and Risk of Falling in Older People
- Fall-induced Injuries Among Older Adults in Finland
- LiVE: Sports and Exercise Safety Program in Finland
- KaatumisSeula: Implementation of Evidence-Based Fall Prevention for Communities
- Recent Presentations in Conferences
- WHO Europe HEPA Collaboration
Recent Conference Presentations
Get familiar with the presentations, posters and abstracts thet our researchers have presented in recent international congresses and conferencies.
Poster on Reinforcing Lifestyle Guidance in VESOTE program
Poster presented in autumn 2018.
More Effective Lifestyle guidance for Social and Health Care Cross-Functionally in Finland. Jussila AM, Sarlio S, Aalto-Nevalainen P. Poster in UKK Institute's SlideShare Account.
Contact in the UKK Institute: Anne-Mari Jussila. Read more about VESOTE program
Poster on Sports Injury Prevention in FSPA
Poster by Tanja Kulmala presented in the Finnish Sports Physiotherapists Association FSPA Congress in Helsinki, Finland June 8–9, 2018.
The frontal plane knee control is not a risk factor for acute non-contact lower extremity injuries in youth team sports. Kulmala T, Räisänen AM, Parkkari J, Vasankari T, Kannus P, Vesanto J, Pasanen K. Poster in UKK Institute's SlideShare Account
FSPA Congress 2018 Abstract Competition First Prize was awarded to Tanja Kulmala.
Read more about the research: PROFITS – Predictors of Lower Extremity Injuries in Team Sports
Poster on Sports Injury Prevention in CASEM
Poster by researcher Anu Räisänen in Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine CASEM’s Annual Sport Medicine Symposium in Halifax, Canada on June 6–9, 2018. Poster was presented by assistant professor Kati Pasanen.
Examining knee control as a risk factor for non-contact lower extremity injury: A prospective study in youth soccer. Anu M Räisänen, Hillevi Arkkila, Tommi Vasankari, Kathrin Steffen, Jari Parkkari, Pekka Kannus, Hannele Forsman, Kati Pasanen. Poster in UKK Institute's SlideShare Account
Poster on Promoting Active Commuting to Work in ISBNPA
Researcher Johanna Tiilikainen presented her poster in The International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity ISBNPA 17th meeting in Hong Kong on June 3–6, 2018.
Socio-ecological intervention to promote active commuting to work: Changes in employees’ intention and behavior. Johanna Tiilikainen, Kari Tokola, Tommi Vasankari, Harri Sievänen, Jaana Suni, Minna Aittasalo. Poster in UKK Institute's SlideShare Account
Read more about the research: KÄPY – Social Ecological Intervention to Promote Active Commuting to Work