- Monitoring physical activity and fitness
- Health-related fitness tests for public health monitoring
- Development and evaluation of a 2-km Walking Test
- Health-related fitness test battery
- Health-related fitness tests for older adults
- Motor Skill Test Battery for Adults
- Required motor abilities in commonly practised exercise modes
- Physical activity and motor abilities
- Health 2000 and Health 2011
- Exercise Loading and Bone Structure
- FeetEnergy — promoting physical activity among 8th graders
- Promoting safe participation in physical activity
- Prevention of knee and ankle injuries
- Floorball injuries — epidemiology and prevention
- Effects of exercise on physical functioning, bone strength and fall risk among older women
- Vitamin D and Exercise in Fall Prevention
- Effect of vibration training on physical functioning and risk of falling in older people
- Fall-induced injuries among the elderly in Finland
- Neuromuscular Exercise and Counseling Prevent Low Back Pain
- Risk factors of injuries and injury prevention in youth football
- Promoting health-enhancing physical activity
- Counselling, lifestyle and physical activity in maternity care
- Physical activity counseling in maternity and child health care
- Promoting physical activity among women at risk for gestational diabetes
- Validity of a leisure time physical activity questionnaire
- Pregnant Women’s Work Ability, Sickness Absence and Return to Employment
- Effect of physical activity on menopausal symptoms
- Breast Cancer and Exercise
- Prevention of Chronic Lower Back Pain in Female Nurses
- Weight Reduction and Long-distance Truck and Bus Drivers
- Physical Activity and Reducing of Headaches
- Developing physical activity counselling
- Safety 2016 World Conference
- HEPA Europe 2013
Safety 2016 World Conference in Tampere
Safety 2016 – the 12th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion will be held in Tampere, Finland, on 18–21 September 2016.
Injuries – intentional and unintentional – are a major burden on public health worldwide. While experts in injury prevention and safety promotion recognize the need for action, the state-of-the-art knowledge and practice from these fields are not consistently applied to policies and programmes in the field.
The main theme for the Safety 2016, “From research to implementation”, seeks to provoke new ideas and experiences to address this gap. The conference brings together over 1000 researchers, practitioners and policy makers to Tampere.
UKK Institute in Many Roles in the Conference
Safety2016 is hosted by the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and several partners and colleagues from Finland, Europe and the international community. The conference is co-sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO).
– UKK Institute also plays a role in the conference. Institute is a co-operator of THL and will keep many oral and poster presentations at the conference, says Development Director Anne-Mari Jussila from UKK Institute.
The experts giving presentations in sports injuries are Jari Parkkari, Kati Pasanen, Mari Leppänen and Anne-Mari Jussila. In the field of fall prevention for elderly, our speakers are Pekka Kannus, Saija Karinkanta and Radhika Patil.
Post Congress Meeting in Sports Injury Research
– UKK Institute will keep also a post congress meeting for those who work with sports injuries. Meeting will be held on 22nd of September and it focuses on hot topics in sport injury research. Spears come from Australia, Canada, Norway and Netherlands in addition to our own, Jussila continues.
Hot Topics in Sport Injury Research around the world
Organizer: Tampere Research Center of Sports Medicine, UKK Institute
Date: September 22nd
Street address: Kaupinpuistonkatu 1, 33500 Tampere
Registration for the meeting: anne-mari.jussila(a)uta.fi
Safety 2016 Conference: The UKK Institute posters
To get a handout, open and print the poster-pdf.
Exercise in treatment and rehabilitation of hip osteoarthritis – A 12-week pilot study
Kirsti Uusi-Rasi, Saija Karinkanta, Radhika Patil, Pekka Kannus, Kari Tokola, Harri Sievänen
Healthy athlete – Nationwide sport safety implementation case to sport clubs
Anna Ojala, Anne-Mari Jussila, Kati Pasanen, Jari Parkkari
Injury risk in Finnish youth floorball: A one-year prospective follow-up study
Kati Pasanen, Jussi Hietamo, Pekka Kannus, Tommi Vasankari, Urho Kujala, Ari Heinonen, Jari Parkkari
KaatumisSeula® - Implementation of evidence-based fall prevention for communities
Saija Karinkanta, Tanja Kulmala, Elina Ahlstedt-Kivelä, Pekka Kannus, Tommi Vasankari, Harri Sievänen
Knee control and jump-landing technique in young basketball and floorball players
Mari Leppänen, Kati Pasanen, Juha-Pekka Kulmala, Urho M Kujala, Tron Krosshaug, Pekka Kannus,
Jarmo Perttunen, Tommi Vasankari, Jari Parkkari
Smart Moves – More healthy and safe activities in vocational schools
Katariina Autio, Anne-Mari Jussila, Jari Parkkari